Have you heard of Trowbridge Link? It’s a vital part of the community and is a “good neighbour” scheme staffed by volunteers. Its aim is to help local people who are infirm, elderly, or otherwise disadvantaged, in a personal and friendly way.
Who does link help?
The local volunteers help people in need in Trowbridge and the surrounding villages. They help their clients in a number of different way such as:
- Taking them to medical appointments
- Enabling them to participate in social clubs and health related groups
- Shopping for those who are housebound
- Providing transport to enable them to visit friends and family in Nursing Homes and hospitals
- Assisting those who have mobility or other health problems to do their own shopping
Could you help a neighbour out?
Link are currently looking for additional drivers and people to answer the telephone in order to continue their much needed service within our community.