Councillor David Cavill, Mayor of Trowbridge, is delighted to invite businesses, local charities and community organisations to take part in ‘Celebrating Trowbridge’, an exhibition and conference being held on Saturday 8th February at both The Civic and Trowbridge Town Hall. Participation is free, but any donations would be most welcome for the Mayor’s charity ruksak45218. If you wish to donate, then cheques made out to Trowbridge Town Council (Mayor’s Charity) may be posted (or delivered in person) to the Information Centre at The Civic, St Stephen’s Place, Trowbridge BA14 8AH.
There are also opportunities for short presentations (15/20 minutes with 10 minutes for questions) by organisations with expertise in specific areas and techniques. The idea of these is to introduce ideas to other participants and visitors which may be useful to them (please note, that this is not to provide an opportunity to ‘pitch’ for new members).
Suitable topics could be:
- How to communicate with the media and write press releases
- How to use photography and display to enhance your organisation
- How to create social media platforms to extend your reach and influence
- How to make an impact in the community
- How to encourage membership – and the role of committee members and trustees in voluntary organisations
- Governance: what is the best model – unincorporated, charity or company status?
- How to raise funds: applying for grants, charging for services, managing subscriptions
- How small organisations can cope with the General Data Protection Regulations.
Councillor Cavill is encouraging every leisure, voluntary, charitable and community organisation to take part.
If you would like more information or wish to book, please contact the Mayor directly on da*********@bt*******.com