From Wednesday 2nd December, the UK Government will be reintroducing the tier system where different levels of restriction apply in different parts of the country.
Wiltshire has been placed in Tier 2: High Alert, which is the next level higher than that applicable to the county before the current lockdown. This means that, from 2nd December, new measures will be in place including restrictions as follows:
- You must not socialise with anyone you do not live with, or who is not in your support bubble, in any indoor setting, whether at home or in a public place
- You must not socialise in a group of more than six people outside, including gardens or public spaces
- Businesses and venues can continue to operate, in a COVID-Secure manner, other than those which remain closed by law, such as nightclubs
- Pubs and bars must remain closed, unless operating as restaurants and alcohol can only be served with substantial meals
- Hospitality businesses selling food or drink for consumption on their premises must provide table service and are now required to close between 11pm and 5am with last orders being taken at 10pm
To see a full list of the new restrictions, please click this link.