The UK Government has now confirmed that three households can still form a Christmas bubble between Wednesday December 23rd and Sunday December 27th, but is still urging everyone to be extra cautious.
You should carefully take note of the following:
- Travel restrictions between tiers will be lifted to provide a window for households to come together between the dates mentioned.
- Up to three households can form an exclusive ‘bubble’ to meet at home during this period. When a bubble is formed it is fixed, and must not be changed or extended further at any point.
- Each Christmas bubble can meet at home, at a place of worship or an outdoor public place, but existing, more restrictive rules on hospitality and meeting in other venues will be maintained throughout this period.
In addition, the Government wants people to:
- think carefully about who is part of their bubble
- limit the amount of people they see in the lead up to, and during. the Christmas period
- be very mindful of seeing anyone particularly vulnerable
- try and limit travel from an area with a high prevalence of COVID-19 to an area of low prevalence
- avoid overnight stays where possible
- avoid crowds
- not gather in groups over New Year
You can read the full announcement here.