Following the announcement by the UK Government on Monday February 22nd, a COVID-19 roadmap has been released. This explains the overall plan to come out of the current lockdown both cautiously and safely.
The plan is broken down into four key steps:
- Step 1 – between 8th March and 29th March
- Step 2 – no earlier than 12th April
- Step 3 – no earlier than 17th May
- Step 4 – no earlier than 21st June
It should be noted that all dates in the roadmap are indicative and subject to change. Only when the Government is sure that it is safe to move from one step to the next, will the final decision be made.
The COVID-19 Roadmap is designed to give everyone a clear pathway out of lockdown. However, it is important not to become complacent. All of the sacrifices made during this time have resulted in case numbers dropping in Wiltshire, yet the effort must continue to stop the spread of coronavirus, as this is vital in making the transition out of lockdown as smooth as possible.
So, please continue to:
- Wash your hands regularly
- Wear a face covering where required to do so
- Stay 2m apart from other people (outside of your household)
For further details, you can visit the Government website through this link.