Friends of Biss Meadows Country Park Vacancy: Treasurer
Background: Located 5-10 minutes walk from Trowbridge Town Centre, the Biss Meadows Riverside Country Park was created in 1992 from Farm and Park land and is owned by Wiltshire Council. The volunteers’ group ‘The Friends of Biss Meadows Country Park’ have looked after the Park since January 2009. The formally Constituted Friends Group’s role includes general maintenance as well as raising funds for Park improvements; unusually the group also undertakes work in the river and ponds which includes water quality testing, invertebrate surveys and river ecology improvements. The Friends Group Committee are now seeking a Treasurer to complete its Committee.
The volunteer Treasurer role is straight forward and will be supported by a strong Committee and past Treasurer who remains on the Committee. The applicant DOES NOT need to demonstrate high levels of Accountancy skills or be Accountancy qualified, but ESSENTIAL ARE numeric accuracy, having available time for meetings and willingness to work with the Friends group, being the most important attributes.
ROLE KEY SKILLS and ATTRIBUTES
- Has a passion for the environment and can work within the Friends committee structure and particularly the Friends Chairperson
- Can support committee evening meetings generally 4-5 max per year producing progress report and giving updates
- Has good accurate numeracy skills, basic knowledge of MS-Xcel helpful but not essential
- Manage, maintain and report on budget and cash on account in range £2-6k with around 25 transactions a year
- Will lead on the Group’s Lloyds Business Account Internet Banking undertaking cash movement, statement reviews, payments and payees, fellow group member on line banking signatory status
- Manage the cash book and petty cash max £100 in hand for small payments making those reimbursements in timely fashion
- Oversee review of accounts by fellow Committee Member at least twice annually
- Integrate the Friends Grant awards into the accounts, grants are being applied for by another Committee member, finance reports will need to be produced digitally to support the Grant Application process on occasions, 2 grants per year normally
If the above describes you and you want to know more, please contact the FoBMCP Chair Steve Wilson email@example.com mob. 07793160641