Bristol band Sugarmoon are truly on the rise. Their unique blend of melodic folk-pop has drawn high praise from BBC Radio Bristol, Bath Radio and more. After a series of successful releases during the pandemic, critics have drawn comparison with The Beatles, The Mamas & Papas, Belle & Sebastian and The Beach Boys.
But performing live is their true calling. Sugarmoon are known for charming and unique performances that you don’t want to miss, filled with powerful original pop, soaring vocal harmonies and quirky surprises that send audiences away with a smile.
“Bristol’s leading folk-pop force” – Tap The Feed
“I love this band” Chris Arnold, BBC Radio Bristol
“Such a unique sound” Ollie Lewis, Bath Radio
+ SUPPORT FROM AL O’KANE & FRANKISOUL
Al O’Kane is an Avalonian troubadour who folds Jimi Hendrix into the sound of Celtic resistance rock n’ roll. Part Levellers, part Reef, Al’s music is a cry for action nestled into a fiery Alt/Folk blend that he calls “West-country Gumbo from the Somerset Delta”. Having recently toured Europe and played many of the big festivals, Al has also supported the likes of Seth Lakeman, Martha Tilston, White Lies, Cara Dillon, Ben Ottewell and Nick Harper, steadily gaining loyal fans along the way.
Al won Shrewsbury Folk Festival’s Open Mic Competition in 2019 and is looking forward to opening the festival later this year as well as getting the gig-ball rolling again! (restrictions allowing).
His latest four releases of 2020 and the self-titled debut album are available to stream on all music providers. All of which are mixed by Steve Evans (Robert Plant, Goldfrapp)
FRANKISOUL. Born Frank Munetsi in Harare, Zimbabwe, Frank kicked off his career by entertaining peers at the age of four. He grew up with a love for music and was writing his own songs by the age of 13. Everything changed when he moved to England at age 17. After school he would stay behind for hours practicing his piano skills. He then enrolled at Salford university in Manchester where he met Chidi and Bubu from the duo Alkohol Republik, who told him to “stop playing around and make music”. This prompted him to start making his own music. It was at university that he met fellow artists Xavy, Pblo and Fiddy Hendrixx and is prepared to do whatever it takes to succeed.
His latest four releases of 2020 and the self-titled debut album are available to stream on all music providers. All of which are mixed by Steve Evans (Robert Plant, Goldfrapp).
Tickets – £8
Covid-19 and Ticket Information
– For these events, group sizes are limited to a maximum of 4 people per booking. Group tickets should be booked by those in the same household/ bubble. Please note, those detailed as ‘Seats’ are not at tables.
– Seats that require use of stairs are detailed with ‘Limited Access’. If you have any questions about accessibility, please get in touch.
– If there are only tables available larger than the group you wish to book for, please get in touch.
– Seating arrangements are subject to change due to changes in social distancing regulations.
– Face coverings must be worn in public areas of the building, unless you are exempt. These can be removed when seated in the cafe for the performance.
– Where possible, please download the Free Range Cafe app to place any food and drink orders.
– Spaces are limited so advance booking is recommended.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org / 01225 774306.