Trowbridge Town Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applicants will be subject to a full Disclosure and Barring Service check before any appointment is confirmed.
All posts involving direct contact with children are exempt from the Rehabilitations of Offenders Act 1974. However, amendments to the Exceptions Order in 1975
(2013 & 2020) provide that certain spent convictions and cautions are “protected”. These are not subject to disclosure to employers and cannot be taken into account. Guidance and criteria on the filtering of these cautions and convictions can found on the Ministry of Justice website.
Shortlisted candidates will be asked to provide details of all unspent convictions and those that would not be filtered, prior to the date of the interview. You may be asked for further information about your criminal history during the recruitment process. If your application is successful, this self-disclosure information will be checked against information from the Disclosure and Barring Service before your appointment is confirmed.
Please scroll down to see all current vacancies.
Civic Events Officer
Salary: £25,409 – £26,845 per annum
NJC Scale Point: 14 – 17
Hours of work: 37 hours per week on a rota basis
We are looking for a confident and outgoing Civic Events Officer with a passion for hospitality to join our team at the Civic. You will be a committed individual to be a part of a team at The Civic assisting management in the day to day running of their events and hospitality programme. Duties will include but are not limited to aspects of bar management, service delivery for events and conferencing, high levels of customer service, supervision of casual staff, building security, safety and presentation.
The main purpose of the role is to:
To be part of the team at The Civic assisting management in the day to day running of their events and hospitality programme.
Closing Date: Monday, 13th February 2023 – 09:00
Interview Date: To be confirmed
Start Date: 1st April 2023
Casual Bar & Venues Staff
Hours offered varies according to event
£10.53 per hour
The Civic Centre is looking for enthusiastic Casual Bar and Venues Staff to join our friendly hospitality team for a wide range of events taking place throughout the year.
The main purpose of the role is to:
Assist the Civic Centre Manager with the provision of bar services during events and functions and to assist with the setting up and/or packing down of equipment.
View the full job description and person specification.
We welcome applications throughout the year.
How to Apply:
To apply for any of the above roles, please complete the attached Application Form.
Please also complete and return the Equal Opportunities Form. Please note – we cannot accept your application with a completed Equal Opportunities Form. This will remain confidential and will not be considered when making an appointment. All information you supply, including your application, will be stored in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations 2018.
To view Trowbridge Town Council’s Equal Opportunities Policy, please click here.
Once you have completed both forms, please email them to re*********@tr********.uk or post to The Civic Centre, St Stephen’s Place, Trowbridge, Wiltshire, BA14 8AH.
Please note: WE DO NOT ACCEPT CVs.
Why work for us?
At Trowbridge Town Council, we are committed to attracting, retaining and supporting our dedicated team. We offer all our employees a range of benefits to support their financial and physical wellbeing, as well as a range of learning and training opportunities for career development.
- LGPS Pension Scheme is a defined pension that keeps pace with any cost of living increase. Your monthly pension contributions are boosted by tax relief and additional employer contributions. Based on your income, Trowbridge Town Council currently contributes 18.7% into the defined benefit scheme.
- Access to AVC (Additional Voluntary Contributions) savings schemes with Prudential. Any payments you make are deducted from your salary with full tax relief.
Health & Wellbeing
- Contractual Sick Pay – entitlement as per LGS Green Book
- Generous Holiday Allowance (23* days plus bank holidays and two additional local days**), with option to buy extra days.
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme counselling service for you and your family
- Health & Wellbeing Cashplan – financial assistance for dental or medical issues.
- Retailer discounts with My Staff Shop offering access to thousands of deals, savings and benefits to a range of online and retail discounts for a range of everyday expenses from groceries to holidays and fitness.
- Opportunity to apply for flexible working on completion of probationary period
* subject to completion of probationary period
** currently 22 days per year. Increases to 23 day per year from 1st April 2023